Administrative Assistant, Registration
Reporting to the manager, compliance and assessments, the administrative assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the entire registration department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- provide administrative support to the registration department, such as:
- file and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports for review/interview/sign-off
- provide general telephone/email assistance by responding to inquiries, and forwarding as appropriate
- draft and respond to routine correspondence
- collate and distribute numerous correspondence, either via email or mail
- generate reports and draft presentations
- open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence
- review lists, check information, and update relevant databases
- liaise other College departments to update materials, e.g. questionnaires, email notifications, and reminder emails
- provide general support and assist with following up to registrant/stakeholder questions regarding registration and licensure
- lead and/or assist with special projects related to the registration department
- perform other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- high school graduation plus a minimum one year of post-secondary education with training in administrative/secretarial practices or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- demonstrated high level of initiative, time management and organizational ability
- ability to meet deadlines
- experience drafting minutes and correspondence
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- excellent editing and proofreading skills
- attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment including a hybrid work-from-home/in-office model, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents.
Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The College welcomes all applicants and is dedicated to promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.