Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources (15 to 18-month contract)
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC regulates the practice of medicine under the authority of provincial law. All physicians and surgeons who practise medicine in British Columbia must be registrants of the College. We protect the public by ensuring registrants meet expected standards of practice and conduct. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014.
The recruitment coordinator reports to the director, human resources, and assists the human resources team in providing a professional and efficient recruitment and onboarding experience, overseeing benefits administration, supporting activities related to HR reporting, records management, and the administration of payroll software (Payworks), as well as various HR programs and projects
This full-time position can work from home up to 3 days per week if desired. This is a full-time 15 to 18-month contract position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- works closely with the hiring managers and directors to gain a comprehensive understanding of their recruitment needs for each position to meet hiring goals and expectations
- manages a portfolio of approximately 30 recruitments per year
- develops job descriptions and advertises on various medial platforms based on the nature of the role to attract a diverse pool of candidates
- source candidates through internal/external advertisements, social media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals
- manages the full recruitment process (conducts pre-screen telephone interviews to determine the suitability of the applicant for employment, schedule interviews, interview questions, debriefs with interview panel, provides timely feedback to candidates)
- conducts reference checks, drafts and extends offer letters to successful candidates, conducts salary negotiations and provides a positive candidate experience
Support onboarding process
- compile orientation manual and onboarding documentation
- create new employee files and new hire packages and ensure all proper documentation is uploaded to ATS, Payroll software (Payworks), and electronic document management system
- coordinate pre-employment setup with the relevant department, IT, finance and corporate services
- update onboarding and orientation processes as needed
- act as the first point of contact for employees for all benefit queries
- administer health and welfare benefit plan changes including enrolments, status updates and terminations
- prepare and maintain related benefits records and reports
- supply employees with manuals, booklets, forms, provider information and any other relevant information regarding benefits
- liaise with payroll with respect to absences, vacation and updates regarding employees on maternity, short-term disability, or long-term disability leave
- act as liaison between insurance companies and employees for all benefit-related questions
- manage Payworks including employee profiles, compensation and benefits management, group benefits, absence and performance management
- conduct audits of Payworks to ensure the accuracy of employment information submitted to payroll and processed in the system (position changes, salary changes, status changes, etc.)
- train new employees on the time-off management system and other features
- prepare headcount and turnover metrics for salaried and hourly employees
- participate in year-end compensation review exercise including annual merit administration, and distribution of employee letters
- assist the director, human resources with the maintenance, development, revision, editing and proofing of HR policies and procedures
- organize all HR department records and employment files to ensure all files are maintained and up to date including archiving of files
- prepare various spreadsheets, reports and statistics as required
- prepare various correspondence relating to employee requests as required
- act as security liaison for administration of badging process for building access
- collects data to maintain statistics for recruiting such as time to fill positions, sources of successful candidates, etc.
- provide administrative support to the HR department team and assist with duties as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- degree or diploma in human resources management or equivalent combination of education and experience within a recruitment firm/agency or in a similar in-house recruitment role
- proven recruitment/benefits administration experience within the Healthcare sector is an asset
- interest or working towards the CPHR designation considered an asset
- experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS), LinkedIn Recruiter, recruitment search methods, and social media/job boards required
- previous HRIS (Ceridian) or ATS recruitment software (SCOUT) and/or Payworks experience is an asset
- must be detail oriented, proactive, energetic, results driven, and have project management skills
- must be comfortable with online recruitment tools and as well as Microsoft Office applications
- must be tactful, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- ability to build trust and rapport with others; develop and maintain collaborative relationships to meet mutual goals and objectives
- commitment to customer service and providing a positive candidate and hiring manager experience
- ability to meet goals with minimal supervision and good business sense are key to success in this role
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- ability to work in a performance/metric-driven environment where quality/quantity of hires, hiring manager/candidate experience, time to fill are measured
The successful person can expect a competitive salary depending on experience, a flexible benefits package, enrollment in the public service pension plan, flexible working arrangements, hybrid work-from-home/in-office model, competitive annual vacation, support professional development, access to fitness centre, subsidized transit and parking which all contribute to the total rewards package that makes the College an excellent and rewarding working environment.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents.
Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The College welcomes all applicants and is dedicated to promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.