Recruitment Specialist, Human Resources (Six-month contract)
The recruitment specialist reports to the director, human resources, and assists the human resources team in providing a professional and efficient recruitment and onboarding service to applicants and hiring departments. The recruitment specialist will provide full-cycle recruitment focusing on sourcing and hiring qualified candidates to fill a variety of positions.
This full-time position can work from home up to 3 days per week if desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- liase with hiring managers and directors to learn and understand their recruitment needs
- source candidates through internal/external advertisements, databases, recruiting resources, social media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals
- conduct a pre-screen telephone interview to determine the suitability of the applicant for employment
- coordinate appropriate interview panel
- provide expertise on the development of interview questions utilizing various behavioural, situational and competency questions, as appropriate
- coordinate and schedule candidate interviews, candidate testing assessments as required
- conduct reference checks of prospective employees
- follow-up with all applicants and provide interview feedback where appropriate
- maintain records and statistics pertaining to recruitment
- ensure recruitment timelines are within current KPI (e.g. 30 working days)
- source and liaise with recruitment agencies as required for short-term temporary assignments
- draft employment agreements as directed by director, HR or HR business partner
Support onboarding process
- compile orientation manual and onboarding documentation
- create new employee files and new hire packages and ensure all proper documentation is uploaded to ATS, Payroll software (Payworks), and electronic document management system
- coordinate pre-employment setup with the relevant department, IT, finance and corporate services
- conduct orientations for new employees
- update onboarding and orientation processes as needed
- provide administrative support to the HR department team and assist with duties as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- degree or diploma in human resources management or equivalent combination of education and experience within a recruitment firm/agency or in a similar in-house recruitment role
- minimum two years recruitment experience
- interest or working towards the CPHR designation considered an asset
- experience recruiting in both the private and public sector is an asset
- experience recruiting within the Healthcare sector is an asset
- experience using an ATS, LinkedIn Recruiter, recruitment search methods, and social media/job boards
- previous HRIS (Ceridian) or recruitment software (SCOUT) and/or Payworks experience is an asset
- must be detail oriented, proactive, energetic, results driven, and have strong project management skills
- must be comfortable with online recruitment tools and as well as Microsoft Office applications
- must be tactful, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- ability to build trust and rapport with others; develop and maintain collaborative relationships to meet mutual goals and objectives
- ability to meet goals with minimal supervision and good business sense are key to success in this role
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment including a hybrid work-from-home/in-office model, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents.
Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The College welcomes all applicants and is dedicated to promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.