Administrative Coordinator, Registration
Reporting to the manager, independent practice registration, the administrative coordinator is responsible for Registration Committee preparation and follow-up activities, providing administrative support to the executive director, and working on special projects as needed.
The administrative coordinator is responsible for the oversight of general email responses and phone inquiries on behalf of the executive director, registration.
The administrative coordinator interacts regularly with the executive director, registration, and external stakeholders such as Ministry of Health, Doctors of BC, Health Match BC and other health regulatory authorities within BC and across Canada.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- provide clerical and administrative support for the Registration Committee process:
- coordinate Registration Committee meeting dates, confirming that all items/tasks are completed as appropriate
- liaise with Registration Committee members to ensure that they are adequately prepared for each meeting
- prepare the Registration Committee meeting agenda
- prepare the Registration Committee meeting packages (including preparation of summaries)
- take minutes at the Registration Committee meetings and ensure finalization
- create the Registration Committee’s record of resolutions and action items
- draft follow-up letters from the Registration Committee meetings for the manager and/or executive director’s review and signature
- email post-committee meeting correspondence, in line with the College’s email protocol guidelines
- ensure all follow-up items from the Registration Committee meeting are completed
- ensure that approved minutes are signed and archived appropriately
- additional committee duties as required
- complete tasks related to the registration department’s daily functions including:
- collaborating with the other administrative coordinator to read, distribute, and record all incoming emails from the registration inbox.
- manage the registration calendar, including booking registration interviews and meetings
- be the contact person for emailed transcripts of US Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and test results from IELTS, OET, and CELPIP
- provide support to other College departments on registration matters as needed
- provide administrative support to the executive director, registration and and/or manager, independent practice registration:
- coordinate and maintain the executive director’s daily calendar and meetings schedule
- ensure that all appropriate materials are provided to the executive director, registration in preparation for all meetings
- draft emails and letters relating to various registration issues on behalf of the executive director, registration
- correspond to emails on behalf of the executive director, registration
- streamline phone calls and email inquiries from physicians, other medical health authorities regarding physician licensure on behalf of the executive director, registration
- provide ongoing support in all aspects related to registration to the executive director, registration, registration department staff and other College staff
- be an early adopter for College IT projects:
- be involved with the planning, design, development and activation of a new database
- participate in meetings and workshops to support the design of the new solutions
- participate in testing the new database to ensure it works as expected
- support colleagues in training and using the new system
- perform any other related duties as required to support the registration department and College
- provide additional backup support to other administrative coordinator as required
The employee in this position is expected to perform professionally and make proper and sound decisions. Employee has access to a wide range of confidential information which may be governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA), so must make informed decisions regarding the release of information.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include
- successful completion of grade 12 supplemented by a two‐year office administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience; post-secondary education is advantageous
- demonstrated high level of initiative, time management and organizational ability
- experience drafting minutes and correspondence
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- excellent editing and proofreading skills
- attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- ability to organize and set work priorities
- ability to work both independently and as a team member
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
- a background in health care or familiarity with medical language is preferred
- previous experience working for a regulatory body is an asset
- previous experience interfacing with patients or the public is an asset
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.