Quality Manager, Complaints and Practice Investigations (Six-month Contract, Part-Time, 0.5 FTE)
Reporting to the director, complaints and practice investigations, the quality manager is responsible for providing leadership and management for the overall development, maintenance and delivery of the complaints/practice investigations quality management system. The quality manager supports the director and program managers for quality improvement and quality assurance purposes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and Implementation of department quality improvement system
- working in collaboration with the deputy registrar, director and program managers, identify the processes needed to establish, implement and maintain a quality management system
- identify the resources needed for the processes and develop an implementation plan with benchmarks and timelines
- identify the risks and opportunities related to the processes
- assign responsibility of processes and assist in their development
- establish a quality policy to support the department’s strategic direction and provide a framework for setting quality objectives
- establish quality objectives based the College’s strategic objectives and engagement of the department staff
- in collaboration of the deputy registrar, director and program managers, assist in the development of key performance indicators
- develop complaints/practice investigation-specific policies, processes and procedures to ensure consistency across programs in collaboration with the director and program managers
- lead quality improvement meetings and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up of action items from these meetings
- regularly track and report to the director on the status of meeting quality performance indicators
- identify key operational processes and perform periodic internal audits ensuring timely follow- up of audit findings
- use performance measures to monitor quality
Medical reviewer and investigator evaluation
In collaboration with the director and program managers:
- provide leadership for the development and implementation of competency assessment programs for medical reviewers and practice investigators
- solicit feedback (through questionnaires or focused discussions) with medical reviewers and practice investigators to identify common issues and areas for improvement
- develop strategies and educational programs to address the medical reviewer and practice investigator issues and concerns
- facilitate meetings, forums, focus groups and workshops
- attend meetings and functions at the direction of the director and deputy registrar
- perform related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- five (5) years of experience in quality systems management in a health-related discipline
- management designation, professional quality certification or additional education and experience in a related field
- knowledge and experience with ISO Standard 9001 – Quality Systems or other quality management system frameworks
- experience in delivering education programs
- effective communication skills; both in writing and verbally
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.