Senior Compliance Monitor, Registration (Seven-month contract with the possibility for extension)
Reporting to the compliance and assessments manager, registration, the senior compliance monitor provides support to ensure that registrants of the College are compliant with the legislation, Bylaws, policies and standards that govern the College.
The senior compliance monitor supports and leads the compliance monitor team to conduct regular registration file review audits, review responses on the annual licence renewal forms and generates reports pertaining to registration, along with supporting registrants to complete registration assessments.
This role will also support the development and maintenance of policies, standards, and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- human resources (with input from the compliance and assessment manager, registration)
- undertake regular meetings with staff
- provide direction, support, training, mentoring and oversight to staff members as appropriate
- assign or delegate tasks as appropriate and monitor staff performance
- draft general correspondence for the executive director, registration
- promote teamwork and share appropriate information with staff in a timely manner
- monitor the provisional class of registration to ensure that:
- listed requirements of licensure are being met within given time frames
- adequate follow-up is occurring where listed requirements are not being met, including corresponding with licensees and health authorities
- draft summaries for Registration Committee meetings are prepared
- provide overall support to registrants
- answer general registration and licensure questions
- liaise with other departments/organizations
- manage complex case files and escalations
- conduct registration file review audits to ensure compliance with legislation, Bylaws and policies
- ensure file errors are corrected in a timely and accurate manner
- provide recommendations and implementation oversight of any policy and process changes to increase accuracy
- provide support to the registration assessments coordinator
- recruit, onboard, and offboard assessors
- draft templates for assessments, communications to registrants/assessors/stakeholders, pre/post materials for Registration Committee
- monitor compliance with requirements
- generate both operational and ad hoc reports
- complete Annual Licence Renewal Form follow-up
- run weekly reports and review responses provided by registrants to determine whether additional information is required
- correspond with registrants via mail, email and telephone to obtain specific details and to advise them of College Bylaws and policies
- notify registrants of penalties and status changes imposed due to non-completion of form
- ensure that registrants who work in other jurisdictions submit evidence of their good standing annually
- create agreement and authorization forms as required, and conduct necessary follow-up and monitoring
- confer with Health Insurance BC (MSP) to resolve data transmission issues
- draft routine correspondence
- apply editing and proofreading skills to documents and correspondence
- lead and or assist with special projects related to the registration department
- other duties include but are not limited to the following:
- participate in the development and recommendation of changes to policies, standards, procedural descriptions or summaries
- identify issues for discussion at full registration department meetings
- coordinate existing or improved procedures with IT
- assisting with calculating departmental statistics and reporting
- represent the registration department with IT project development and implementation
- liaise and offer advice to College staff regarding independent practice as necessary
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- two to four years of relevant regulatory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- two to four years of leadership experience with a proven ability to mentor, motivate and develop staff
- bachelor’s degree is preferred or the equivalent in experience and qualifications
- knowledge of College policies and procedures is an asset
- attention to detail
- strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out and offer solutions to complex compliance issues
- exceptional organizational and communication skills, along with a keen attention to detail
- ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Access, Word, and Outlook
- intermediate Microsoft Office Excel working knowledge
- familiarity with scientific/medical language
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- proven ability to perform multiple tasks, balance continuous demands and priorities and meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal skills
- minimum typing speed of 70 wpm
- ability to organize and set work priorities
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
- initiative and strong problem-solving skills
- ability to exercise tact and discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential matters
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.