Records Coordinator, Records, Information and Privacy (Six-month Contract)
Reporting to the director, records, information and privacy, the records coordinator is responsible for transferring closed case files to our off-site storage facilities, including the sorting and classifying of case files and creation of file lists as well as the boxing and transferring of the approved files. The records coordinator is also responsible for the entry of each file into our record system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- sort, classify and box closed case files generated and received by staff throughout the College for integration into the file system.
- filing of the documents will be completed in Excel and then transferred to the College’s record system
- pulling of closed case files may be supported by a report
- physically separate the case files that will be sent to off-site storage from those that are up for destruction in accordance with the College’s approved records retention schedules.
- creation of separate files lists in excel will be required
- verify content of boxes of records in preparation for transfer to inactive storage or destruction with the records management department
- using the verified file lists, create entries for each closed case file in the College’s record system
- prepare manual indexes or process additions, changes or deletions to computerized record systems
- prepare a variety of listings, labels and indexes
CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR/JUDGMENT
The employee is expected to perform professionally and make proper and sound decisions. With access to a wide range of confidential information that may be governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA), the employee must make informed decisions regarding the release of information.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a minimum of one year of post-secondary education including the successful completion of a records management, archives or library technician course through colleges, ARMA or AABC, and/or a minimum of one year of related experience working in areas of file management, reference and retrieval services in an office environment
- ability to exercise tact and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- ability to maintain attention to detail, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- effective organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work independently and to work well with others as part of a team
- strong working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel plus keyboarding skills of at least 45 words per minute
- must be able to perform physical tasks such as standing for long periods of time and lifting boxes up to 40 lbs
- knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint an asset
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.