Policy and Research Coordinator, Registration
Reporting to the executive director, registration, the policy and research coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to review and edit registration-related policies and documentation, and complete research projects for the executive director and managers of registration, relating to registration and licensure of physicians and surgeons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- draft, amend and manage Registration Committee policies
- draft, edit and format Registration Committee policies for publication on the College website
- amend and update Registration Committee policies to reflect legislative changes
- ensure policies are reviewed by management, legal and communications, and that resulting amendments are reflected in the final policy
- complete research projects assigned by the executive director or managers of registration relating to the registration and licensure of physicians and surgeons
- canvass with regulators, stakeholders and other organizations to collect information and data
- conduct online search methods
- compile collected information and data into PowerPoint presentations, briefing notes, summaries, etc.
- present findings in committee meetings, working groups, or to the registration department
- review draft summaries, minutes and assessment reports for the Registration Committee, and review draft outcome letters arising from Registration Committee meetings
- review and edit summaries and assessment, as assigned
- draft, review and edit letters for review by the executive director
- ensure documents are well-organized, accurate, consistent and in compliance with applicable regulations, and adhere to the College's Editorial Style Guide and writing standards
- apply College standards, the Health Professions Act, the College Bylaws and information contained in the College’s practice standards and professional guidelines in the formulation of documents
- amend the general language of letters as assigned to ensure the information is understandable to the general public and set out in accordance with writing best practices
- documentation support
- draft or edit template letters as required, ensuring consistency in language and style
- assist in the development of other forms or materials as they arise
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- at least three years of experience in a research, writing, and/or policy-related position
- a master’s degree in a relevant area of study is preferred, where research and writing were core components, or an undergraduate degree where research and writing were core components with relevant work experience
- alternatively, a background in health care, excellent writing skills and a willingness to acquire familiarity with relevant legal concepts
- experience with decision writing and familiarity with legal and medical terminology
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- specifically, the ability to write and edit the work of others in short declarative sentences
- ability to clearly set out complex information unambiguously and at a level that may be read, understood and appreciated by someone with grade ten reading skills
- critical knowledge and understanding of how to apply College policy and the Health Professions Act
- excellent administrative and organizational skills
- proven ability to perform multiple tasks, balance continuous demands and priorities, and meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal skills
- ability to work both independently and as a team member
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
- analytical thinker
- initiative and strong problem-solving skills
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.