Project Manager, Information Technology
Reporting to the senior project manager, IT, the project manager, IT, will work with College business system related projects, which will vary in size, duration, and complexity. The position is responsible for the successful planning, implementation, and handover of each project to operations and end users, including the facilitation of organizational change management.
We are looking for a service-oriented leader and an expert communicator, who has a strong bias for team collaboration, attention to detail and milestones, and effective systems implementation with high adoption rate and end user satisfaction. The successful candidate will be an efficient, driven, and detail-oriented person who strives for quality and improvement. They will demonstrate passion for building great solutions using best practice methodologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- build relationships with all levels of the organization to achieve organizational strategic and project-specific goals
- engage and manage third-party vendors
- develop and maintain a broad understanding of the College’s business, services, and stakeholders
- develop a solid working knowledge of the core business functions and the College’s key technology platforms
- understand the why of a specific “potential” project need and write business cases
- convey business cases to project goals and approach
- write engaging project charters and plans and clearly define scope, schedule, budget, quality, risks, and project assumptions, constraints and dependencies
- proficiently define a work breakdown structure, develop the work breakdown structure and manage the schedule
- effectively engage, motivate, and manage the project team to ensure delivery of the project tasks
- proficiently lead and deliver all aspects of the project life cycle, ensuring quality, thoroughness, and completeness of the project delivery
- manage and make decisions and/or recommendations related to project scope, budget, cost reporting, timeline and resourcing
- develop and track project budget and justify, write, and manage change orders
- be knowledgeable with project team resource allocation, deliverables and schedules, and timely quality delivery of project commitments
- be the accountable point person for project delivery and project communications, including project status reports as well as periodic update presentations to senior management and other stakeholders
- identify and manage project issues and risks and lead conflict resolution
- facilitate, drive and support organizational change management, including defining and managing required communications, training and organizational change management activities
- transition new processes and systems to operations, including the facilitation of operational handoff activities and post-implementation support
- ensure compliance and alignment with all applicable policies, guidelines and processes
- perform such other duties, functions, and responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- a minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in a technology project management and reporting role within a complex organization
- bachelor’s degree in business administration, science, engineering, management information systems, software development, project management, or related field; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and skills
- project management professional (PMP) designation would be considered an asset
- certification, coursework/training or experience with organizational change management would be considered an asset
- demonstrated experience with complex projects and multidisciplinary project teams
- natural leader who fosters a friendly, team-oriented workplace where employees work safely and productively together
- expert communicator with strength in collaboration and relationship building who maintains a healthy, open and trusting workplace with integrity and accountability
- expert knowledge of system development lifecycle and project management best practices and methodologies (waterfall, agile, scrum, rolling wave)
- experienced with the request for proposal (RFP) process and outcomes
- ability to work with senior stakeholders and drive project progress
- proven ability to lead and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including presentation skills and report writing
- exceptional service orientation and the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly languages
- experience in problem-solving, change management, financial management, and risk management
- self-motivated, hands-on and self-directed
- detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure
- strong technical background, including experience working with developers
- passionate about implementing effective business processes and building great systems
- proficient with Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.