Administrative Assistant, Registration (5-month Contract)
Reporting to the registration compliance and assessments lead, the administrative assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the entire registration department.
The College is following recommendations from the provincial health office and has work-from-home arrangements where possible. Due to the nature of this work, we require this position to be on site full-time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- provide administrative support to the registration department, such as
- file and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports for review/interview/sign-off
- provide telephone and email assistance by responding to general inquiries and forwarding appropriate
- draft routine correspondence
- open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence
- assist with following up with registrant questions
- generate reports and presentations
- lead and/or assist with special projects related to the registration department
- perform other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include the following:
- high school graduation plus a minimum one year of post-secondary education with training in administrative/secretarial practices or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- demonstrated high level of initiative, time management and organizational ability
- experience drafting minutes and correspondence
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- excellent editing and proofreading skills
- attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted online via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.