IT Support Technician, Information Technology
Reporting to the IT operations manager, information technology, the IT support technician responsibilities will include desktop and applications support for all employees. This position will be the first point of contact for end users and provides support to our developers. This is not just a “help desk” position; it will provide the opportunity to get hands-on experience in configuring and deploying new workstations and network devices, working with new technologies and being an integral part of the IT team. This involves over the phone, email, and in person troubleshooting and providing assistance.
Candidates need to be customer service focused, efficient and driven with a strong ability to communicate technology matters using everyday language. The College is looking for an energetic and proactive individual with a results-oriented attitude who is ready to be the point of contact for all end users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- communicate clearly and effectively either electronically, by phone or in person with both technical and non-technical users experiencing difficulties in order to determine, resolve and document problems experienced; this could mean prioritizing and managing several open cases at once
- field incoming help requests from end users, as required, and escalate as required
- collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other IT team members
- perform troubleshooting and remediation, while updating documentation
- perform hands-on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
- manage deployment, administration and support for corporate desktops
- identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and experience include:
- degree or diploma in information technology, computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, printer set up, administration and/or email support, various browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla), antivirus software, anti-malware software, printer and connectivity issues
- solid understanding and strong Windows and software application and hardware support (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- proficiency with software technologies and basic hardware (Note: Applicants may be quizzed during interview process.)
- extremely reliable and punctual
- must be able to work independently and know when to escalate issues upon determining cause
- excellent customer service skills
- responsible self-starter who is able to effectively plan and organize his/her own work
- positive and enthusiastic attitude
- strong communication skills and command of the English language, both written and verbal, are required for this position
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the job description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted online via this page
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.