Developer, Information Technology
Reporting to the director, information technology, the developer will work on designing, developing, and implementing applications using .NET custom framework within a team environment.
We are looking for an efficient, driven, detail-oriented person who strives for quality and improvement. You need to be passionate about building great solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- design and development of applications, frameworks and solutions to meet the business and technical requirements
- identify the policies and requirements that drive a solution
- create, deploy and maintain .NET-based application Ops environment working with business analysts and other team members
- use appropriate procedures and methods to identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems, and develop data dictionary
- identify, document and follow system-specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering technical architecture, program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
- develop procedures for migrations and upgrades
- ensure the right tools are in place to monitor the production application to ensure stability, efficiency and performance
- identify potential risks and problem areas, and develop procedures that provide effective solutions or mitigation strategies to work around the problem at hand
- analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems
- communicate regularly with users, development team and management on project goals, priorities and requirements
- perform other duties, functions and responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and experience include:
- degree in computer science or business administration, or college diploma in computer science, computer systems technician or another IT-related field relevant to the position, or equivalent experience
- minimum of three years development experience
- expert knowledge of software system design and development using the Microsoft .NET platform/SQL Server Management Studio
- knowledge of Health Level 7 (HL7) an asset
- experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- ability to design rich web interfaces for internal line-of-business applications
- solid experience implementing SOA-based solutions
- knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- strong organizational skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- must be able to work in a team environment
- must have the flexibility to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- communicate effectively with manager and development team to provide progress updates, roadblocks, and offer suggestions and solutions
- maintains a healthy, open and trusting workplace with integrity and accountability
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the job description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted online via this page
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.