Senior IT Project Manager, Information Technology
The senior IT project manager reports to the IT director and works with College business system related projects, which will vary in size, duration and complexity. The position is responsible for the successful planning, implementation and handover of each project to operations and end users, including the facilitation of organizational change management.
This position is responsible for supervising project team members comprised of staff, contractors and vendor resources.
A service-oriented leader and an expert communicator, the senior IT project manager has a strong bias for detail, team collaboration and implementing systems that ensure strong user adoption and business outcomes.
We are looking for an efficient, driven, detail-oriented person who strives for quality and improvement. You need to be passionate about building great solutions using best practice methodologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- management of the project team to ensure delivery of the stated project goals and objectives against the established measurement criteria
- leading and delivering all aspects of the project life cycle, ensuring quality and completeness of the project delivery
- coordinating and managing team resource allocation, managing the deliverables and schedules of project team members to ensure timely and quality delivery of project commitments
- accountable point person for project delivery and project communications, producing regular project status reports as well as periodic update presentations to senior management and other stakeholders
- manage and make decisions and/or recommendations related to project scope, budget, cost reporting, timeline and resourcing
- manage project issues and risks and lead conflict resolution
- facilitate, drive and support organizational change management
- develop the approach for and manage required communication, training and organizational change management activities
- transition of new processes and systems to operations, including the facilitation of operational handoff activities and post-implementation support
- ensure compliance and alignment with all applicable policies, guidelines and processes
- management and supervision of direct reports
- complete probationary, semi-annual and annual performance evaluations
- undertake regular meetings with individual staff
- mentor and coach stakeholders, and team members on project management best practices
- provide direction, support, training, and oversight to staff members assisting with their career development as appropriate
- assign and/or delegate tasks as appropriate and monitor staff performance
- promote teamwork and share appropriate information with staff in a timely manner
- collaborate on and deploy programs to improve employee engagement within team
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and experience include:
- bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline, with a minimum seven years of progressively responsible experience in a technology project management and reporting role within a complex organization
- project management professional (PMP) designation an asset
- certification, coursework/training or experience with organizational change management will be considered an asset
- demonstrated experience with complex projects with million-dollar budgets and multidisciplinary project teams
- natural leader who fosters a friendly, team-oriented workplace where employees work safely and productively together
- expert communicator with strength in collaboration and relationship building who maintains a healthy, open and trusting workplace with integrity and accountability
- expert knowledge of system development lifecycle and project management best practices and methodologies
- ability to work with senior stakeholders and drive project progress
- proven ability to lead and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including presentation skills and report writing
- exceptional service orientation and the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly languages
- experience in problem-solving, change management, financial management, and risk management
- self-motivated, hands-on and self-directed
- strong attention to detail
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the job description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted online via this page
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.