Administrative Assistant, Physician Practice Enhancement Program
Reporting to the assessment coordinator, the administrative assistant is responsible for ensuring eligible physicians complete the assessment process. This position is responsible for initiating physicians into the process, coordinating the assessment packages, and assisting with processing completed assessments. The administrative assistant also provides general administrative support to the physician practice enhancement program (PPEP) team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Assessments of community-based physicians
- draft and edit correspondence and documents that support communication with program participants
- identify, document and track various matters for follow up and further action
- respond to PPEP enquiries via email
- maintain participant lists and send correspondence to program participants at required intervals
- update eligibility lists and multi-source feedback lists as physicians proceed through the program
- ensure timely review of actions, bring-forwards, and assessment reports
- ensure actions arising from the assessment process are completed accurately and timely
- liaise with the assessment coordinator, physician relations manager and program assessors regarding assessments
- perform data entry, analysis and report assistance with program data for key performance indicators
- review and initiate multi-source feedback assessment lists to third-party providers as required
- assist with logging and processing of reports
- liaise with PPEP medical advisors
- assist the program with correspondence and follow-up telephone calls as directed
- contribute to the ongoing improvement of the PPEP databases and other program-related IT initiatives
- provide administrative support for other special projects and initiatives
- schedule meetings and deadlines
- attend and participate in departmental meetings
- liaise with other College departments as required
- assist with department overflow including data entry, data tracking and photocopying
- other general administrative work as directed by the assessment coordinator and physician relations manager
- answer emails, voice mails and telephone calls about assessment inquiries
Maintain PPEP files
- scan form letters, reports and supportive documents, as required
- maintain a bring-forward system and send reminders accordingly
- ensure all paper and electronic files are maintained and up to date
- assist with closing and filing assessment files as required
- cull records following appropriate destruction guidelines
- update and maintain the PPEP databases
- photocopy file documents as required
- assist with the maintenance of the PPEP filing system
- perform other related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include the following:
- successful completion of grade 12 supplemented by a two-year office administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- bachelor’s degree considered an asset
- background in health care or familiarity with medical language is preferred
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- working level to intermediate level Excel skills would is an asset
- working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions to determine appropriate action to take in handling general inquiries
- attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- demonstrated high level of initiative, time management and organizational ability
- ability to take direction, be flexible with the demands of the department, and work both independently and as a team member
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
- time management and the ability to solve problems and prioritize tasks
Click here to download the position description
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page.
Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.