Compliance Monitor, Registration (5-month contract)
Reporting to the senior compliance monitor, the compliance monitor provides monitoring to ensure that registrants of the College are compliant with the legislation, Bylaws, policies and standards that govern the College. The compliance monitor conducts regular registration file review audits, reviews responses on the annual license renewal forms and generates reports pertaining to registration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- monitor the provisional class of registration to ensure that:
- listed requirements of licensure are being met within given time frames
- adequate follow up is occurring where listed requirements are not being met, including corresponding with registrants and health authorities
- draft summaries for Registration Committee meetings are prepared
- reports are generated to provide statistics for key performance indicators (KPIs) and other measures
- provide reports pertaining to various aspects of the registration department, including:
- information on completion rates for certificates of professional conduct and issues surrounding their production
- data reporting and analysis for the College’s Annual Report
- statistics relating to the registration department’s KPIs
- complete tasks related to Annual Licence Renewal Form follow-up, including:
- generating weekly reports and reviewing responses provided by registrants to determine whether additional information is required
- corresponding with registrants via mail, email and telephone to obtain specific details and to advise them of College Bylaws and policies
- notifying registrants of penalties and status changes imposed due to non-completion of form
- audit registration files to ensure compliance with legislation, Bylaws and policies
- ensure file errors are corrected in a timely and accurate manner
- provide recommendations and implementation oversight of any policy and process changes to increase accuracy
- ensure that registrants who work in other jurisdictions submit evidence of their good standing annually
- create agreement and authorization forms as required, and conduct necessary follow up
- confer with Health Insurance BC (MSP) to resolve data transmission issues
- send surveys to new registrants to obtain feedback on application and registration process
- draft routine correspondence
- apply editing and proofreading skills to documents and correspondence
- lead and/or assist with special projects related to the registration department
- other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- minimum two years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- legal background preferred
- attention to detail
- experience in regulatory compliance preferred
- strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out and offer solutions to complex compliance issues
- exceptional ability to organize and set work priorities
- ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- familiarity with scientific/medical language preferred
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- proven ability to perform multiple tasks, balance continuous demands and priorities, and meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal skills
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
- initiative and strong problem-solving skills
Click here to download the position description.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page.
Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.