Reporting to the controller, the financial analyst is responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end supporting schedules. The financial analyst will assist the team in financial reporting, forecasting, bank reconciliations, accounts receivables and accounts payables, ledgers, taxes, and payroll.
The financial analyst must have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- preparation of comprehensive and timely investment schedules
- maintain a system to monitor and forecast monthly cash requirements
- constantly review banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds
- prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly bank reconciliations
- completion of GST/PST worksheets and other tax worksheets as needed
- timely completion of various monthly revenue and expense schedules
- assist with the preparation of the annual financial information to be provided to the external auditors
- perform ad-hoc financial analyses and analytical reporting
- assist in payroll administration using Payworks
- contribute and assist in budget preparation and forecasting
- prepare statements of revenue and expenses for workshops and other projects
- perform other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- completed at least three of the six core and elective modules under the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP), or its equivalent, preferably in financial reporting, management accounting and finance
- professional accounting designation an asset
- minimum of two years of progressive accounting experience, preferably with experience in financial and analytical reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- payroll experience an advantage
- working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, or similar accounting software applications
- ability to work under pressure while paying attention to details and ensuring accuracy
- effective organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- a team player with effective interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude exemplified by patience and a willingness to learn
- strong communication skills with the ability to support employees with the interpretation of financial reports
- flexibility in work hours to meet deadlines
- handle confidential materials and information with the highest level of integrity
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the job description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.