Recruitment Specialist, Human Resources (Pregnancy/Parental Leave Coverage – 10-month to 12-month Contract)
The recruitment specialist reports to the director, human resources, and assists the human resources team in providing a professional and efficient recruitment and on-boarding service to applicants and hiring departments. The recruitment specialist will provide full-cycle recruitment service focusing on sourcing and hiring qualified candidates to fill a variety of positions.
This position will be in office two days per week and working remotely three days per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- liaise with hiring managers to learn and understand their requirements and recruitment needs
- source candidates through internal/external advertisements, computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals
- conduct a personal pre-screen telephone or teleconference interview to determine the suitability of the applicant for employment
- coordinate appropriate interview panel
- create interview guides and questions
- book interviews, coordinate any skills or competency testing as required
- undertake background and reference checks of prospective employees
- notify applicants of consideration or declination and provide interview feedback where appropriate
- maintain records and statistics pertaining to recruitment
- ensure recruitment timelines are within current KPI (e.g. 35 working days)
- source and liaise with recruitment agencies as required for short-term temporary assignments
- draft employment agreements as directed by director, HR or HR business partner
Support on-boarding process
- compile orientation manual and on-boarding documentation
- coordinate pre-employment setup with IT, finance and corporate services
- conduct orientations for new employees
- update on-boarding and orientation as needed
- provide administrative support to the HR department and assist with duties as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- degree or diploma in human resources management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- minimum two years recruitment experience
- must be detail oriented, proactive, energetic, results driven, and have strong project management skills
- must be comfortable with online recruitment tools and as well as Microsoft Office applications
- previous HRIS or recruitment software experience is an asset
- must be tactful, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
- ability to build trust and rapport with others; develop and maintain collaborative relationships to meet mutual goals and objectives
- ability to meet goals with minimal supervision and good business sense are key to success in this role
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted online via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.