Manager, Quality Systems, Diagnostic Accreditation Program
Reporting to the director, accreditation programs, the manager, quality systems is responsible for providing leadership and management for the overall development, maintenance and delivery of the accreditation programs quality management system. The manager, quality systems supports the director and all accreditation programs managers for quality improvement and quality assurance purposes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- continuously develop, administer and implement the accreditation programs quality management system
- lead accreditation programs quality improvement committee meetings and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up of action items from these meetings
- develop accreditation programs-specific policies, processes and procedures to ensure consistency across programs in collaboration with the director and accreditation programs program managers
- identify key operational processes and perform periodic internal audits ensuring timely follow- up of audit findings
- use performance measures to monitor quality
- regularly track and report to the director on the status of meeting quality performance indicators
- manage the accreditation programs applications for International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 17011 accreditation organization and International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) organization accreditation
- review external assessments from Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) and ISQua, working collaboratively with the director and respond to recommendations
- in collaboration with the director and program managers:
- provide leadership for the development, implementation and monitoring of competency assessment programs for assessors
- ensure regular follow-up with assessors for the purpose of continuing development
- identify common issues related to assessor competencies and develop strategies and educational programs to address the issues
- evaluate the effectiveness of the assessor selection, training and development programs and ensure results are used to make improvements
Human resource management
- recruit quality management program staff as required
- set performance expectations and oversee performance plans
- coach and develop quality management program staff
- report any human resource issues to the director
- facilitate meetings, forums, focus groups and workshops
- attend meetings and functions at the direction of the director
- perform related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution in a health-related discipline
- management designation or additional education and experience in a related field
- minimum five years’ experience in quality management
- knowledge and experience in accreditation programs, methodologies and quality systems
- management experience with leading a team to achieve goals
- experience in delivering education programs
- knowledge of information systems applications tools
- Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) certification and quality management certification preferred
- knowledge of relevant ISQua standards, ISO 15189 and ISO 17011 preferred
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted online via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.