Accreditation Specialist, Diagnostic Accreditation Program
Reporting to the manager, laboratory medicine, the accreditation specialist is the first point of contact for client organizations. This position is responsible for coordinating and supporting client organizations through the accreditation process. Client organizations are inclusive of both public and private facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- develop and maintain for each diagnostic facility a current profile, key contact list, accreditation status, and an historical record of accreditation activities
- develop and implement a four-year accreditation strategy and schedule for each diagnostic facility
- ensure diagnostic facilities and organizations have access to the most recent edition of the applicable accreditation standards, tools and processes
- answer queries from clients regarding DAP accreditation activities processes
- review incoming letters from client organizations or other DAP stakeholders and respond if appropriate
- accept new client organizations into the DAP and determine which accreditation programs and standards are applicable
- maintain an active list of client organizations that are due for accreditation and initiate notification to the organization for existing clients
- conduct planning sessions with client organizations due for an on-site survey when appropriate
- schedule and participate in case review meetings to plan the on-site survey for each client organization
- coordinate and support client organizations through accreditation assessment activities
- monitor and follow up on document submissions from client organizations in preparation for assessment activities
- draft schedule for assessment activities
- ensure knowledge of any significant issues arising from accreditation services activities are communicated to the manager
- facilitate accreditation assessment review by the DAP Committee for decision
- ensure the timely delivery of accreditation assessment reports to client organizations once approved by the DAP Committee
- ensure evaluations of assessors and accreditation processes are obtained from the diagnostic facility
- track and follow up on outstanding mandatory requirements for all facilities
- at the direction of the manager, assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standardized processes, and templates for key laboratory medicine program activities
- assist in the continuous development and maintenance of accreditation methodologies, processes and tools
- participate in continual improvement activities for the DAP
- assist in the development of communication tools such as newsletters and the DAP website
- provide relief assistance to other accreditation specialists as appropriate and required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- graduation from a recognized program in medical laboratory technology
- Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) certified
- experience working with quality systems and accreditation programs
- able to work independently and make decisions to determine appropriate action to take in handling inquiries
- demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize a variety of computerized software, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, scheduling, email, and internet applications at an advanced level
- ability to organize and multi-task, take direction from many, and work effectively in a team- based environment
- experience working with clients focusing on assessing needs and delivering services
- ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to work with discretion in preparing and handling information of a confidential or sensitive nature
- ability to organize and prioritize work, work under time pressures to meet deadlines, and handle interruptions and changing priorities
Click here to download the position description.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly-talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page.
Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.