Facilities and Corporate Services Assistant, Operations Department
Reporting to the corporate services supervisor within the operations department, the facilities and corporate services assistant is responsible for supporting College operations in a timely, accurate and customer service-oriented manner. Responsibilities will fluctuate dependent upon business needs and requirements to deliver maintenance, hospitality and corporate services-related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- facility maintenance
- responsible for general set up and take down of all furnishings and office equipment; chairs, and tables etc. in meeting rooms and workstations as assigned
- maintain a daily/monthly checklist on all maintenance procedures and maintain a record for scheduled maintenance procedures
- perform preventative maintenance assignments as assigned
- use of hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs
- participate in general cleaning, and minor repair work; replace light bulbs
- perform functions in the construction and installation of cabinets, shelving, desks and other furniture as required (e.g. hanging artwork, pictures etc.)
- other general maintenance duties as required
- corporate services
- receive, log, open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, ensuring all documents are handled in accordance with established policies and procedures
- sort, prepare and process outgoing mail and packages including couriers
- coordinate, prepare and process mass mail outs in co-operation with the department generating the mail out, and liaise with external service providers regarding mass mail out issues
- operate mailing machine, postage equipment and computerized accessories
- maintain a pool of information on current postage charges and services, answer queries as required, and ensure adherence to new or revised postal regulations
- ensure that all photocopiers are operational and are adequately stocked
- undertake photocopying and scanning as required
- respond to a variety of queries and requests from College staff, ensuring the highest level of customer care and confidentiality are maintained at all times
- ensure that all copy rooms are adequately stocked with stationery supplies, etc.
- ensure all meeting rooms have been set up as appropriate, including catering/refreshment requirements
- undertake clean up of all meeting rooms and staff room/kitchens as required
- maintain regular supplies for kitchens and coffee stations
- provide other support duties to the College as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Required skills and qualifications include:
- successful completion of grade 12, a combination of office/hospitality and maintenance experience is desirable
- knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools, use of ladders and maintenance supplies as directed
- knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- ability to organize and set work priorities
- ability to work both independently and as a team member
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
- good written and verbal communication skills
- must be safety conscious at all times, for example, when operating mailing, filing, and delivery equipment, and delivering correspondence throughout the office
- ability to perform physical tasks, such as standing, bending, reaching, stooping for extended periods of time, and lifting boxes, mailbags and other items up to 40 lbs/18 kg
- work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases
- work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist
Note: This is a full-time role. Candidates must be flexible with their hours.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia has been recognized as one of BC’s top employers since 2011 and one of Canada’s top 100 employers since 2014. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees. We offer an excellent working environment, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.